Thursday, January 7, 2010

Do I soak my baby's butt in baking soda or baking powder?

My friend once told me for a bad diaper rash to soak my baby's butt in baking powder or soda. Which one is it? Help.





She is currently 9 months.





Do I soak my baby's butt in baking soda or baking powder?
Baking Soda.





Baking powder contains an acid to make it rise, it also sometimes contains corn starch which will just scum up the water. However it can work in a pinchDo I soak my baby's butt in baking soda or baking powder?
Just use a zinc and castor oil cream which is soothing and be sure the nappy rash isn't fungal because then you will need to use an anti fungal cream which you can pick up at the pharmacy. The cream will act a s a barrier and help the skin heal will your child is wearing a nappy.
None of that. The best thing for diaper rash is vagisil. It works wonders. Your baby will be fine by the next day. That's what best works for my son.
aveeno oatmeal bath and aveeno diaper rash creme





now if it is not a regular rash you will need lotrimon af creme
if your baby has a bad rash and over the counter stuff does help go see your doctor. they will prescribe you a diper rash cream that is stronger!
My Pediatrician said A+D ointment directly on the rash, then Desitin on top. It worked like a CHARM.
Neither...It's cornstarch
NEITHER TRY EPSON SALT
soda





its on the box
corn starch..its the best!
um, I wouldnt use either, I would get some balmex and use that or triple paste works well also, I wouldnt use any household stuff on my baby..

No comments:

Post a Comment