Thursday, January 7, 2010

Where can you buy Whole Milk Powder?

Hi,





Does anyone know where I can buy 'Whole Milk Powder'?





Thanks :)Where can you buy Whole Milk Powder?
There is no such thing as whole milk that is powdered. When powdered milk is made they remove the fats.





Only non-fat, or skim milk is made into powdered milk. Fats are not very stable, and do not have a long shelf life. Fats go rancid quickly.





So to avoid powdered milk going rancid, the fats have been removed.





Baby formula is of course the only exception. Infants and toddlers MUST have the fats for proper brain growth/development.





If you wish to stock up on a powdered milk product with the best taste and a stable shelf life, then ';Morning Moo'; is THE top product.





Here's a link to their web site:


http://www.moosmilk.com/





It is made in the U.S.A., but I know of several folks from the U.K. who have ordered it, and simply love it.





I live in the U.S.A. I have about two years food storage in my pantry (for three adults). I know a great deal about powdered milks. I'm what most people would consider to be a food storage expert. I'm telling you this last bit so you can judge for yourself if you care to take my advice.





Even though we live on a farm and have our own milk goats, I have about 100 pounds of powdered milk in our pantry.





~Garnet


Permaculture homesteading/farming over 20 years





P.S. A link for you, if you care to add the fats (via oil) back to powdered milk:


http://www.ehow.com/how_5386941_add-milk鈼?/a>Where can you buy Whole Milk Powder?
They sell it at most supermarkets.Its just dried milk .Its usually near the coffee/tea shelf and sometimes by the home cooking aisle.Sainsbury do dried skimmed and dried whole milk.If you cant find it ask an assistant because they will know exactly where to look.If its for a recipe dried skimmed will do the job just as well as whole milk.
  • asp hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment