Friday, December 18, 2009

My recipe says ';200g flour + baking powder'; can I put 200g SR flour instead or should I put less?

you wont get the same results. but, i've a cookbook which allows for the substitution of regular flour for sr flour. it said to add a teaspoon of baking powder for every cup of flour. so i'd say go a few grams over 200. for your baking needs i rarely use sr flour as it does not last as long as plain flour. its rising efficacy decreases with age. so if you found the flour at the back of the cupboard, i'd just add the recommended amount of the baking powder.My recipe says ';200g flour + baking powder'; can I put 200g SR flour instead or should I put less?
no its different, depends what yr making?My recipe says ';200g flour + baking powder'; can I put 200g SR flour instead or should I put less?
It wouldn't be the same. You may not get the same rise.
use the 200g of self raisiing flour
Substitute gram for gram. The fact that it's self rising is irrelevant when it comes to the quantity of flour required for the bulk of the recipe. It is just regular all purpose flour with the leaveners (baking powder) already added, just eliminate the extra baking powder.
Take no notice of previous answers!! Depends on whether or not the recipe is American but normally in England S/R flour is ok

No comments:

Post a Comment