Thursday, December 24, 2009

Why can't I find a face powder light enough for my skin?

I always go for the lightest shade, and it just makes my face look dirty or pink. Even translucent is too pink or orangy..any help? my skin tone is just neutral and very fair..Why can't I find a face powder light enough for my skin?
My skin is so light, I glow in the dark.


Try Cornsilk or Cover Girl translucent powder - they blend on me, they will blend on anyone.


Are you wearing foundation under the powder? Could be a reaction of the two products.


Change the powder 'puff ' once a month or so, to prevnt pimples.Why can't I find a face powder light enough for my skin?
first you should be asking yourself: do i need face powder? most girls dont. unless you have acne, or a really uneven skin tone, try to go without it. i see no point in someone wearing face powder if they have nothing to hide.


second: is this generic or just kinda how you are? consider going outside and enjoying some sunshine.


third: try mineral powder, it goes on as light as you need it too, and usually looks natural.





GOOD LUCK!
Why do you want powder? If it's to control shine you might do better simply using oil blotting papers (Clean %26amp; Clear makes cool ones that let the paper turn see-thru as it blots so you know they're working). Super-matte skin is overrated!





If your heart is set on powder try using yellow based powder (most skin has a yellow base no matter what the tone) and use a big fluffy brush to sweep over the face - not a pad. Depending on your age I'd reccomend Bobbi Brown powders, which are light , come in a variety of shades, and look very natural.
Bare Minerals is perfect for pale skin and Sheercover is also a great product to use that looks totally natural and looks like you are wearing no makeup at all, but your skin glows and looks like porceline. It's great for light skintones.
same reason i can't, lol.





you should try those bare minerals, they have a translucent thing that they say makes them glow well... I don't know, good luck... hopefully your skin is good enough that you don't need it..
if you're using it just to absorb excess oil %26amp; etc, why don't you just go for blotting papers? they don't mess up the make up you have underneath %26amp; are so much more easier to use then powder. but if it's actually for covering up .. stick to liquid foundation, they have pretty much every shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment