Monday, December 28, 2009

I have a leopard gecko. Can i mix her vitamin powder into her water bowl?

if i have her water bowl full of water, and i mix in the mineral and vitamin powder into it?





and also, could you give me some tips for her health? i feed her mealworms and sometimes crickets...thanksI have a leopard gecko. Can i mix her vitamin powder into her water bowl?
With my herps, I put their vitamin powder on a few crickets 2 times a week. They eat it right up ;)





When it comes to a leopard gecko's diet, I would feed her more crickets than mealworms. Crickets are a great source of the necessary nutrition; wax worms, etc are mainly just comprised of fat.





I would also recommend gutloading your crickets! To do this, you will need to feed them a special type of food that fills them up with the vitamins that your little gecko needs. This is EXTREMELY good for your Leopard Gecko! You can buy gutload at any pet store.





Good luck!I have a leopard gecko. Can i mix her vitamin powder into her water bowl?
No, i'm assuming that adding vitamin powder to water would be equivelent to adding sand to the the water. My guess is the water would destroy the vitamins in the powder and only leave the powder. But what you can do is buy liquid vitamins made specifically for adding to a reptiles water. Most of them also dechlorinate the water too. As for diet leopard geckos (adult) can eat hornworms, calci worms, Meal worms, wax worms, silk worms, crickets, locusts and pinky mice. Not all of these feeder animal may be available in your area because of law restrictions but chances are most are.
leopard geckos can have a seperate dish with calcium in it, whenever they feel like it, theyll just go over and lick it, thats what i do with my gecko, the other option is powder their crickets every now and then,
like you I have one and I don't use vitamin powder, it's easier to just buy sand with vitamins in that be cause every time they eat a cricket the eat some sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment